Lyrics Here (formerly called YouTube Lyrics) provides instant lyrics for YouTube, Spotify Web Player, Jango, AccuRadio, Deezer, 8tracks, Google Music, iHeartRadio, Superplayer.fm, Last.fm, Yandex Music, Qobuz, Songza, SoundCloud, Saavn, Pandora, displayed in a flexible panel. Together with a link to the source and an option to look up the lyrics from another source (in the case that the displayed lyrics are incorrect). A search form allows for a manual search, even for different songs. When the song's lyrics cannot be found at any of the sources, a link to Google will be shown instead.Show screenshots
When you open a YouTube music video, the Lyrics panel will show up. Some YouTube videos provide accurate information about the song's name and artist. When this data is available, it will be used to directly request the lyrics from one of the sources. Otherwise, a search based on the video title is run.
On Spotify, Jango, AccuRadio, Deezer, 8tracks, Google Music, iHeartRadio, Superplayer.fm, Yandex Music, Qobuz, Songza, SoundCloud, Saavn and Pandora, lyrics are looked up and displayed when a new song is played.
If you don't want (instant) lyrics, head over to the preferences section and disable automatic display of the panel.
Get the Lyrics Here extensionThis application is designed for a wide range of platforms:
- Google Chrome extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Firefox add-on at addons.mozilla.org
- Safari extension
- Opera extension on addons.opera.com
- Internet Explorer extension (32-bit) or 64-bit (IE 8 / 9 / 10 / 11)
- Download and run LyricsHereIE.msi (or LyricsHereIE_x64.msi for 64-bit systems).
- After completing the installation, start Internet Explorer.
- After a few seconds, the following dialog (screenshot) appears at the bottom of your screen. Choose "Enable", and you're done!
- If the notice does not appear, open the "Manage Add-ons" dialog (screenshot) and enable the add-on (screenshot).
- Close and re-open this tab to activate the extension.
- Maxthon extension at the Maxthon Extension Center
Support for Jango was added in version 3.6.
Support for AccuRadio was added in version 3.7.
Support for Deezer and 8tracks was added in version 3.8.
Support for Google Music was added in version 3.9.
Support for iHeartRadio, Superplayer.fm and Last.fm was added in version 3.10
Support for Yandex Music, Qobuz, Songza, SoundCloud and Saavn was added in version 3.11
Support for Pandora was added in version 3.12
See also: List of recent changes.
Where do you want to see lyrics?Site-specific preferences can be set below. Sources can be configured above.
Generic panel controls
The panel can be dragged, resized, toggled and closed.
Drag the title bar to drag the panel; double-click on the title bar to shrink the panel to minimum height. Double-click again to expand the contents again. When the panel is closed via the close button, click on the icon to show it again. Use the triangle in the bottom-left corner to resize the panel.
When lyrics are fetched, the URL of the fetched resource is displayed. Some buttons (Retry, Abort, Next) are available to control the pending (network) request.
Type the artist's and song's name in the input field and press Enter (or hit the search button).
If you know the exact name, separate the artist and song by a dash for an optimized query, eg. "artist name - song name". An optimized query provides faster and more accurate lyrics.
Find and highlight lines in lyrics
Click on a line in the lyrics to highlight it (a visual aid to help you with keeping track of the lyrics).
Double-click on the lyrics to see a quick search box. You can immediately start typing, and the line matching the search term will automatically be shown and highlighted.
Contact me if you want a new lyrics provider or see lyrics on other sites.
Please post a review if you like my extension (constructive negative feedback is also welcome).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chrome: Review form in the Chrome Web Store
- Firefox: Review form on addons.mozilla.org
- Opera: Feedback form on addons.opera.com
- Maxthon: Rate and Review in Maxthon's extension center.
Privacy, performance & security
I'm not collecting any user data. The extension has a small footprint and does not conflict with the pages it acts on. From external sources, only text (lyrics) will be displayed. The extension does not load any adverts, external scripts, trackers, etc. The extension sends at most one request at a time to prevent overloading the sites that provide lyrics.
Sources and acknowledgmentsAll of the displayed lyrics are retrieved from external sources.
Head over to the source configuration section to see a description of each source.
Do you want another source to be added? Contact me.
Do you want to disable a source? Go to the configuration section.
- Bing , Google and Yahoo are used as the default search engines.
- CORS Anywhere Used in non-extension environments to enable requests.